Chocolate Limousines known hereafter as The Company. The client will be known as The Hirer. It will be deemed that The Hirer accepts responsibility by him/her self for every person in his/her party and fully agrees to the conditions of hire as set out below:
1. a) Payment. All hires are by pre booking only and must be confirmed within seven days, with the specified deposit, before it is accepted as a positive booking. The balance due is the amount outstanding net of any deposit paid. Any final balances due on the day of hire will be paid in cash, unless agreed an advance, if agreed payment is by way of cheque or card, funds must be cleared funds before the date of travel. Credit card bookings are subject to a 5% surcharge on the transaction amount.
b) In the case of Wedding and special hire, e.g. Daily Hire, Race Meetings, etc, payment in full must be received by our office at least 21 days before the hire date. If payment is not received at least 21 days before the hire date, the booking will automatically be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
c) For all short term bookings payment must be made in advance, at least 10 days before the hire date for payment by cheque or card. For payment with cash, payment must be made at least 2 days prior to commencement of hire.
2. a) In the event of cancellation, any deposit paid will be forfeited, however, in unavoidable circumstances, e.g. bereavement, the deposit may be refunded at the discretion of The Company.
b) No refund will be given on full payments made by The Hirer if cancellation is made after the 21 day period stated above.
3. a) No responsibility can be accepted for adverse weather, road or traffic conditions, (i.e., snow, ice, flooding, fog, closed roads, diversions, traffic jams etc.) which may cause delay.
b) No responsibility can be accepted for adverse weather, road, traffic conditions or public gathering which may cause cancellation by The Company.
c) The Company or its representative (e.g., Chauffeur) has the right to refuse to take any vehicle on any road, track or other surface that they consider unsuitable. This includes, but is not limited to, narrow roads, private roads, private land or fields.
4. Whilst every effort is afforded to the service ability of the vehicles, no responsibility can be accepted for mechanical, electrical or material breakdown how ever caused. In this unlikely event, every effort will be made for the immediate repair to the vehicle so that the journey can continue or The Hirer will be transferred to another vehicle/s and any reasonable extra cost incurred will be borne by The Company, or a refund / partial refund at our The Company’s discretion, given. NOTE. In the event of conditions 3 and 4 or any other breakdown and/or accident, no responsibility will be accepted for missed connections and/or functions, how so ever caused.
5. In the event of a breakdown or accident to the vehicle booked, prior to the date of the hire, every effort will be made to supply a similar or alternative vehicle/s at The Company's discretion. If the similar or alternative vehicle/s is unacceptable to The Hirer, at The Company’s, discretion a refund may be made of moneys paid.
6. The Company reserves the right at any time to change/replace or renew the vehicle/s booked or advertised in order to maintain The Company's high standard. Any replacement vehicle will be of the same type and colour as originally booked and will be duly notified to The Hirer.
7. The consumption of food/food products and suchlike is not permitted in the vehicle.
8. a) Alcoholic drinks supplied by The Company may only be consumed within the vehicle and must not be removed from it at any time.
b) Hirers are not permitted to supply their own soft or alcoholic drinks except by special arrangement with The Company, prior to the hire. In this case a fee of £10.00 per bottle will be chargeable.
c) Alcoholic drinks will not under any circumstances be supplied to parties of predominantly under 18 years of age.
d) Any member of the party suspected of carrying or taking of any illegal substance or weapon will cause the immediate termination of the hire. All members of the party will vacate the vehicle at the earliest opportunity. In this case no monies will be refunded and may lead to the authorities being informed.
9. The Hirer (as assigned below) shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused to both the inside or outside the vehicle/s by The Hirer or any member of his/her party, how ever caused. This includes incitement to ANY third party, which results in damage to the vehicle, or its contents. The Hirer will agree to be liable for the total retail cost of the repair and the location of the repairer will be determined by The Company. In addition, The Hirer will be liable to pay to The Company a fixed daily rate (determined by The Company) while the vehicle is out of commission for such repairs, plus any further incurred losses i.e. by lost hires.
10. The Company or its representative (e.g., Chauffeur) reserves the right to refuse entry to the vehicle to any person /persons they deem unfit, for whatsoever reason, and can refuse the journey if any person/persons behave in a manner which may be detrimental to other persons or to the vehicle and its contents. In this event, no refund will be given.
11. Any extra requests or alterations to the booking (i.e. additional pickup points, change of venue causing extra mileage or time) not requested at the time of booking/confirmation cannot necessarily be entertained, although every effort will be made to meet these requirements.
12. Once a booking is made and confirmed and deposit paid, the price quoted to The Hirer will not be subject to alteration unless there is any deviation from the details of the booking. (see condition 11).
13. Hire time will be deemed to have started at the time that the vehicle/s leave The Company's premises to the time that they return.
14. a) ADDITIONAL CHARGES. A £100.00 valeting charge will be levied through any misuse by THE HIRER from food, drink or illness (including sickness). If the retail cost of valeting the vehicle is in excess of £100.00 the actual cost to rectify the damage caused will be charged.
b) Hire time over run will be charged at £50 per hour part or thereof Sun - Thurs and £100 per hour part or thereof Fri - Sat , for waiting or travelling. Drop-offs must be pre-arranged (see condition 11) and noted on booking form. Any over run of booked time must be paid for at the time of hire in cash at the full hourly rate for each hour or part thereof. In the event that the payment of overtime charges cannot be made on the day of hire, the HIRER agrees that the amounts will be charged to the credit or debit card with which the booking deposit was made. Credit card bookings are subject to a 5% surcharge on the transaction amount.
15. THE HIRER is liable for all glassware breakages at a replacement cost of £10.00 per item.
16. To conform to Insurance and Licensing authority regulations, our vehicles have been designated NON SMOKING. Any infringement of these regulations will deem the rental invalid, all monies paid will be forfeited and the rental terminated immediately.
17. Personal property used or left in any vehicle is done so on the understanding that although reasonable care will be exercised The Company will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to any items.
18. The Company's discretion shall be decided by the Partners of The Company at all times and their decisions will be fully binding in all matters.